Situated in the heart of Kota Tua, the Old Town of Batavia, Gedung OLVEH dates back to the Dutch colonial period and was established in 1921. The building was used by the Dutch government for the provision of life insurance to the public.
Today, Gedung OLVEH retains the cultural elements of the past, preserving its majority of the original architectural design. The building consists of three floors and two towers with a view of South Batavia.
This historic landmark is now used as a gathering place for important events including forums by top policymakers and conferences by the expert networks.